Saturday, January 31, 2009

I saved 3 lives!

Yesterday Cassie and I saved a 3 lives each. =) The American Red Cross held a week-long blood drive in the Wilkinson Center. I'm not the biggest fan of needles, but I don't seem to mind them too much. I just feel like there is a large need for blood in the world and as an STD free, healthy person I feel like it is my duty to save lives because so many people can't. After donating blood we sat in the refreshment area for a while and drank some juice and ate some delicious cookies. What kind of cookies you ask? Lorna Doone shortbread cookies. They are delicious. We took a couple packs of cookies for the road and rented "Bee Movie" and made a night of it.
Along with eating cookies and watching a movie, we put on some masks to rejuvinate our lovely faces and then did some other girly stuff (waxed arms etc.) So now, after that lovely friday night, I must get back to school and studying for 3 exams next week! Boo! But it's ok, I'm going to try and be positive because I know it is an amazing blessing to be able to study at BYU.

1 comment:

Tisha said...

way to go girls! the last time I gave blood I was 18 and in high school and totally passed out- I've been nervous about it since- you are my inspiration!! looks like you guys are having fun- good luck on your exams! love to you AND cassie! xoxo