Sunday, October 17, 2010

October 16

October 16 is the birthday of two very special people in my life:

1. My dear sister, Ie Mei and
2. My oldest nephew, Jackson.

I think it's so special that my sister had her first child on her birthday. What could be better than that?

Yesterday was their birthday and I just want to say a few things about them.

Ie Mei is one of the kindest people I know. She is so helpful to everyone and has been such a role model to me growing up. I vaguely remember having sleepovers with her in her college dorm when I was four. I remember all the summers I spent with her, watching her cook and sew and thinking that she was the best mom and wife ever and how I wanted to be just like her when I grew up. Well, I'm pretty grown up these days and I still want to be like her. She teaches me so much still and I love her a lot. Happy Birthday, Overflowing Joy, I love you!


And then there's Jackson Jay. Yesterday he turned eleven. ELEVEN!!!!!! I can't believe it. I've spent a lot of time with Jackson Jay. I remember his Elmo phase and his BYU football phase. I remember the first summer I spent with them in Logan and on the car ride back to their house he pointed to the star-shaped decals on my nails and said the word, "dars" (stars). I remember how happy I was when he called me "aunt" for the first time. Jackson, I love being your aunt and love being a part of your life. Happy Birthday. 


No comments: