Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Running, Running as Fast as I Can

So, in 9 days I will be running my second half marathon, with Blakers. If you clicked on the link you'll notice that it's called the Moonlight Half Marathon. It's just down the road in Mapleton, Utah and I'm getting really nervous. This time around my training hasn't been as effective. I think it's because running is so hard in the heat. And, my knees have been aching a lot when I run. I thought it was because my shoes were worn down and old, so I got some new running shoes. I tried them out yesterday but my knees still hurt, but maybe it takes some time. If not, then I have a fabulous new pair of running shoes anyway. 

These are them: Mizuno Wave Precision 11


Aren't they cute? My least favorite part is the neon green spider web looking parts on the teal, but I still think they're great. The other great thing is that I originally bought them for $93 at 26.2 here in Provo, UT, but then they were too small. So I did some research online and found that I could get the same exact ones for cheaper. Long story short, the final price paid for the shoes was $63. So, if you know what kind of shoes you need, check out Running Center and look for a good deal.

So, the cool thing about this half marathon is that it's at night! The goal is to cross the finish line as close to midnight as you can, which means that everyone starts at different times, depending on how fast you think you'll finish. Anyway, that's what I've been up to. Running, school, and work. Come cheer me on next Friday. And enjoy this cute picture of Buddy Bo that I got from my fabulous sister-in-law today:


I knew it'd make you smile =) Have a great summer day!

No comments: