Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Sunday Post

I feel like I have so many things to blog about because I just got back from California. However, I am a little tired and an exciting post like that needs a lot more energy. 

I feel like I am a little shy when it comes to bearing my testimony in person, but when it's through writing it's a lot easier. So, sorry if I overwhelm people with my spiritual posts, but I just love writing about and sharing things that I'm passionate about. 

Today we had a Relief Society commemoration meeting with all three Relief Societies in my ward. We had a little video presentation with a lot of people sharing their thoughts on what Relief Society is and about the role that women play. It was really great. Our bishop's wife shared some thoughts also. I am indeed so lucky to be part of such a great organization. 

They gave everyone frames with a quote by Margaret D. Nadauld:

Women of God can never be like women of the world. 
The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. 
There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. 
There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined.
We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith.
We have enough greed; we need more goodness..
We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. 
We have enough popularity; we need more purity. 

To go along with that I also read Dallin H. Oaks' talk from conference last week about desires. 

"Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions. The desires we act on determine our changing, our achieving, and our becoming."

I have strong desires to be that woman that Margaret D. Nadauld spoke of and I know that as long as I have that desire I will be able to progress every day and become a woman who is tender, kind, refined, faithful, good, virtuous, and pure. This church is such a blessing in my life. =)

1 comment:

Benny said...

Courturier large range, aimed directly at a whole new series of omega replica is a watch this year's market. I have a huge selection of sports tag heuer replica sale and dial type, start looking for a new Tag heuer male form Courturier Konotabi, in a good position in this range. Tag heuer has become stronger than among men watch series, but it is a gradual cartier replica uk brand really, they increase the Valjoux movement, increasing the number of the automatic watch movement Tag heuer Courturier range, I see this it Longines has been found in a traditional fake tag heuer. I found that the main areas of the automatic movement Tag heuer watch series automatic movement of replica watches sale detection, but its entry-level nearly twice the price it paid the price automatically Courturier, but the error rate is less than their replica tag heuer watches feature of this watch is that it is a penny quality and real quality of a cargo of. But, in truth, it is popular this year, these watches are Christmas gifts, they are sure. Praised the legendary actor, this hublot replica uk chronograph, remembered replica watches history of the revolution of our almost.