Friday, March 11, 2011

I never win anything...

except a google chrome laptop! So, about a month and a half ago, a guy made an announcement in my marketing class and said that this website Lucid Chart, a flowcharting website/application was going to give out 100 google laptops for the top 100 flowcharts that were made. So, I just wanted to see what it was like and started playing around with it when I was at work.

A couple weeks ago I got an email saying I was in the running to receive one of these laptops and that they just needed my mailing address and stuff. So, maybe some aren't as trusting as me, but I thought that it was legit, so I went ahead and did it. They sent me another email saying my laptop was on its way. I was a little bit in disbelief because when I went to the list of winning entries, my name didn't appear and I got a lot fewer ratings than all the other winners. So, I kind of dismissed the thought.

But to my astonishment, today I came home to a box on my doorstep and guess what was in it!! The laptop that I'm typing on right now! It's just in the testing stages, so it doesn't take the place of my normal laptop, but I'm having a lot of fun playing around with it. Anyway, here is a link to my winning entry: Take Me Out to the Ball Game. Yay for new toys!

P.S. Shoutout to Jordan and Lecith for being so encouraging while I created this.

1 comment:

Ben & Cassie said...

THATS SO SWWWEEEETT! you are def the one person in your class who would actually do that and it totally paid off! lucky girl!