Saturday, June 18, 2011

Desierto de Los Leones

First a P.S. I think I fixed the videos in my last post so you should look at them now =). 

So, this little day trip was just so fun that I thought it needed it's own separate post. On Saturday, June 11, The Tay Team and I went on a little day hike and picnic with the Olsons. Elder Olson went to dental school at UCLA with my mom and introduced her to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and later baptized her. They are on a mission in Mexico City and are in the same ward as Ie Mei.


We had our picnic lunch at a stone table in the sun.  Sandwiches, chips, granola bars and crackers were some of the items on the menu.

There is an ex-convent in the park that we took a little tour of. Elder Olson is quite familiar with this place these days and gave us a great tour.




The building was beautiful, the rose gardens were exquisite and the tunnels were exciting. The Olsons, like I said, are familiar, so they were prepared with flashlights for us to see where we were going. Occasionally we turned them off and I couldn't see anything. Those tunnels gave a new meaning to the term "pitch black."

We then hiked a little to some hermitas which were little cabins that the monks would stay in for periods of a month. I'm not exactly sure, but I believe a lot of the monks were under a vow of silence at the convent and they would take turns staying in these hermitas during their silence.




 We played at the little playground and those Tay Team kids are just something else. Siblings and families are just wonderful.



Sorry that you're blurry, Mylee, but everyone can still see your smiling face shining through!




So, if you're in Mexico City sometime, make the Tay Team take you to Desierto de los Leones because it was one of my favorite places to see. 

1 comment:

tAy-Team said...

I'm so glad we experienced it for the first time with you. Love you.