Friday, September 10, 2010

Chocolate Cake

Tonight I went to Magleby's Fresh for dessert to celebrate Miss Cara Kylie MacLennan's birthday. We did this same thing almost exactly one year ago. It's crazy how fast time flies. 

So, the reason Kylie likes to go to Magleby's is because they have a delicious chocolate cake:


For those of you who don't know me that well, I LOVE CHOCOLATE. It's a weakness of mine. So, obviously I'm not going to eat a piece of delicious, decadent chocolate cake every evening, but today was a special occasion and I decided earlier today that I was going to eat chocolate cake tonight and love every bit of it. 

There were 11 girls that showed up for this dessert outing. After exchanging hellos Kylie said, "Hey, so does everyone want to get some cake and then we can all sit down and catch up?" I thought to myself, "yes, that sounds great, I've been waiting for cake all day." Guess how many girls ate cake tonight. Four. It was just a little bit ridiculous. For some reason I felt like I should feel guilty about eating this cake. Maybe it was because the girls sitting next to me were glaring at me as I ate every bite, just wishing that they were eating some too.

They kept saying things like, "Oh that looks sooo good, but I can't," or "I can't, I had a doughnut this morning." It was like they needed everyone to know that they were watching their figures. Pretty much, I felt like I was watching this video (skip to 1:21 if you're short on time, but the whole thing is quite hilarious):


My thoughts at the end of the night: Magleby's chocolate cake is still delicious and girls can be ridiculous sometimes. 

2 comments:

MissyJEE said...

i digested a big gust of wind for breakfast. hahahhahahaha. i LOVE this. it never gets old, ever.

Michiko said...

That's pretty funny. Next time we are in LA together, maybe we could go smell the bittersweet hot fudge sundae at Twohey's. Better yet, we could split the smell.