Monday, May 16, 2011

Me Encanta Polanco

I'm starting my second week in Mexico City with the Taylors and I'm having a blast. This past week the boys went on a fathers & sons camp-out so we did nails on Friday night and took a day trip to Polanco on Saturday.



The boys took the Tahoe, so we took a little taxi. It was my first time in a taxi and it wasn't one of the yellow taxis you see in the movies in NYC, but still a fun adventure. Ie Mei is so brave. She is new to the Spanish language but was able to have a full-on conversation with the taxi driver about his religious beliefs after she saw his Bible. So brave.



If I haven't mentioned this already, the weather here is beautiful. Look at these cute streets with all the outdoor seating!



I'm one of the most indecisive people, so it took us a while to decide on a place to eat, but I narrowed it down a little when I decided eating outside was a must. We decided to eat at an Argentine restaurant and I got arrechera which is basically steak. I didn't see anything too different, but it was delicious. I forgot to take a picture until I was halfway done, but you get the picture, right?



In the center of Polanco is a park, Parque Lincon, with an awesome playground for kids. If there weren't so many kids around I would be playing on it myself. That was short lived, however when Ailee decided she needed to find a bathroom. So, we stopped at La Neveria Roxy and used the facilities and got some cones for the girls.


 
We took a taxi back home and awaited the arrival of the boys. It was a wonderful girls' day out and I am still loving Mexico, especially Polanco.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ie Li said...

I want to be there with you! I'm dying over all of your pictures! I'm so glad you're having a good time. Ie Mei is so wonderful. She's so good at sharing the gospel. I love you both!