Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back to school

My only occupation right now is school. This summer I've realized that without school I get bored very easily. I'm extremely anxious to get back to Provo. My friend said that he was going to be in the library a lot doing some research for some essays. I told him that I wished I had a reason to be in the library and that I wished I had homework to do or a test to study for...whaaaat?

I can't believe my fingers actually typed that out. I don't know that I've ever said that. I'm sure once school starts I'll have plenty of homework to do and lots of tests to study for and I'll hate it, but I guess I asked for it and hopefully this post will remind me that it's good to be busy.

And for that matter, the only reason I'm bored is because I haven't been doing anything productive. I've been quite lazy, actually. So, as I finish out the last few weeks of summer, I'm going to make sure I make every day a good one. This quote from Anne Shirley will serve as my motto: "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

like the quote. Get a hobby to do. or just think of some topic or subject that you want to learn more about and then research it, get books on it, get on the internet and learn about it. this is what i do when I am bored and lazy; i just look for something new to learn about. this week, i am learning about suits.