Monday, August 9, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth


When grandchildren come to visit, my mom likes to take them to Disneyland. This time was no different. On Friday we hopped in a couple of cars and made our way to Anaheim to enjoy the sites and attractions of "The Happiest Place on Earth". Here are some insights that I gained. 

Reasons why I LOVE Disneyland:

My dad dresses up as Indiana Jones for the day. Ok, that's a joke, but he does like to wear safari hats when he's out walking in the sun for a long time. The real reason behind this picture is because I get to see these cute kids smile all day. 


Dole whips. They are delicious. They're sold at the entrance of Adventureland next to the Tiki Room. 


Fireworks. I would have to say that Disneyland has the best fireworks EVER. I did see fireworks in the nation's capital for the 4th of July that were pretty amazing, but I'm going to say that Disneyland wins by just a little bit. There is something about all the Disney songs that they use for the show that somehow make me feel like I can do anything as long as I can dream it. Phrases like: When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are and If you keep believing, the dream that you wish will come true are so magical. 



Things that I HATE about Disneyland:

Ticket prices are outrageous. $76 for adults and $68 for children. You do the math.

Women who don't know how to dress properly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I shouldn't be able to see under a woman's dress when she bends down, right? Right, didn't think so. 

Awkward couples. And I'm not talking about awkward people who find love with each other. I'm talking about couples that look too young to drive--kids who had to have their parents drop them off for a date at Disneyland; couples that like PDA a little too much. Ie Mei claimed that when we walked in she saw a couple lathering sunscreen on each other--he was putting it on her neck/chest area. Last time I checked, I was able to reach that area all by myself. 

Traffic on the way home. Only in Los Angeles is there traffic at 10:30 at night. RIDICULOUS. 

This last thing about Disneyland is a toss up. 

Tattoos. They're not super pleasant to look at, but it does remind me that I dislike them a lot. Or it makes for good text jokes to my friends. I sent this picture to my friend and sister-in-law that read: This is the tattoo I'm going to get when I become a hair stylist.


This lady was in front of me in the line for Space Mountain. The guy standing next to her who didn't look a day about 18 said the following: The next tattoo I get is going to be on my chest, next to my rosary. I'm going to have the devil and Jesus arm wrestling. 

Yeah...weird. 

But all jokes aside, Disneyland with my family is always fun and we had a wonderful time. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I might steal his idea for the arm-wrestling tat and make it mine.