Monday, July 26, 2010

Lawrence Welk

 This is from Wikipedia: 

Lawrence Welk (March 11, 1903 – May 17, 1992) was an American musicianaccordionistbandleader, and television impresario, hosting The Lawrence Welk Show from 1955 to 1982. His style came to be known to his large number of radiotelevision, and live-performance fans (and critics) as "champagne music."

However, when I hear his name, all I can think of is the place where my family and I spent countless weeks soaking up the sun in Escondido. That is where I am right now. My parents have a timeshare at the Welk Resort and I have fond childhood memories of this place.

Today marks the start of the Howard and Amy West 2010 family reunion. Included in this are all six West kids, their spouses, and their kids. There are a total of 26 of us and I am so excited to be here for the week. It's like that famous song, "reunited and it feels so good!" This week I hope to take lots of pictures, reminisce about the good old days, and create so many wonderful memories.

I've never seen the Lawrence Welk Show, but I have seen a pretty good remake on SNL. It doesn't look like this embedding thing is going to work, but just look up Lawrence Welk on Hulu. It's hilarious. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's like one of my favorite songs. serioiusly.