Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Virginia is for Lovers: Day Fourteen

Another Costco run. Mei Li didn't really want to go shopping with us, but I told her that we'd find some treats to eat. I think she realized that it was worthwhile after the chocolate ice cream cone sample.

Jonathan and I have a new tv addiction: Castle. There is something so interesting about murder mysteries. It reminds me of old times when I would sit and watch Diagnosis Murder with Dick Van Dyke. So, we started watching it a couple days ago and let's just say we don't have too much more to watch before we're caught up to real time. We should probably find better things to do, like watch the Bachelorette!

Jokes, jokes. It's definitely not the most worth while show, but it can be very entertaining. Ie Li, Steve, Jonathan, and I sat down to roll our eyes and chuckle as we watched men fight for Ali's love and attention. There were more than enough scenes where Ali ran into a man's arms so he could twirl her around. Most of them were with Roberto for sure though. He's definitely a top pick, but enough of that.

A few days ago we were in Wegman's and we saw some toy lacrosse sticks with a ball. We decided that we couldn't pass them up and took them home along with our last minute groceries. Before our family viewing of the Bachelorette, Jonathan and I thought we'd put those sticks and ball to use and play some LAX. That's the cool way of saying lacrosse.

I've really come to like lacrosse a lot. Somehow I became acquainted with lots of Virginians this year and they ALL play/played lacrosse. I think "playing LAX" is maybe my way of transitioning from a west coast gal to an east coast gal. One day I'll live in Virginia.

2 comments:

Michiko said...

Haha, Castle is a fave here in Motown too! Have you ever watched Firefly? Its a sci-fi/western/comedy/space adventure starring Castle. He was awesome in Firefly too... You should check it out if you're into nerdy sorts of things, which we are. :)

Ie Ling said...

Yes. Jonathan did mention that Castle is the star of firefly. I will have to try and watch some of it before my summer is through. Can't wait to see you at LW!