Friday, July 2, 2010

Virginia is for Lovers: Day Four

Today wasn't necessarily eventful, but I just had the most fabulous day. We didn't have too much planned, so we mostly played with the little children and helped Ie Li and Steve get more settled into their new house. I found Jonathan in the basement watching my favorite movie. And for those of you who don't know me very well, that is Anne of Green Gables. Some of you may remember when I was lucky enough to meet "Anne with an E".

There is just something beautiful about that movie. I think I could watch it everyday and not get sick of it. I love Anne's quirkiness and Gilbert's charm. They are perfect. I can't get through it without shedding just a couple happy tears for them.

The next highlight of the day was getting to put a bow on Mi Na's pretty little head. Seriously, is there anything cuter than this:



We ate at Carolina Brothers for dinner and had BBQ pork sandwiches and baked beans. They were good, but I wasn't blown away. They did, however, have my favorite kind of ice. That maybe made our $12 dinner all worth it.

Jonathan and I started watching Center Stage and Ie Li joined us soon after. Despite the horrifically cheesy lines and bad acting, I love watching this movie. Maybe it's because of the awesome dancing, or the way that Jonathan, Ie Li, and I burst into song when we hear Mandy Moore's, I Wanna be With You in the background. Either way, it was a lovely evening with my siblings.

Tomorrow we will be united with our beautiful sister, Ie Mei and her family. It'll be fun to have four Wests under the same roof this weekend. I'm hoping that this 4th of July weekend will be filled with fun and laughter and that I'll have lots of good things to report on.

No comments: