Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Reunited and it feels so good

Monday: July 26, 2010

Yesterday was the first full day of our family reunion. We started off with a family walk in the morning.


Then we headed to grandma and grandpa West's condo for breakfast: waffles and eggs. It was delicious. Afterwards, about half of us headed to the pool. The other half joined us later. One thing I realized when I was there: I still can't keep up with my older brothers in swimming races. But that's ok, I much prefer watching these cute girls play in the kiddie pool.


Brad and Ie Mei were in charge of dinner and they made a delicious chili and cornbread meal. Afterwards, Ie Mei gave a wonderful lesson on temples for Family Home Evening. She wanted all the little children to know how important temples were and made them aware of all the wonderful work that is taking place there on Saturday. My parents and older siblings are going to finish the work that we started last Friday.

We sang Families Can Be Together Forever and I Love to See the Temple. Such wonderful songs. I think I love them even more when I sing them with my family. We stayed up late and chatted. I got to hold a sleeping Mina in my arms for just a little while. Holding sleeping babies is one of the greatest feelings.



 I love seeing all my nieces and nephews interacting with each other--It's the cutest thing. I look forward to the day when I have little kids at these reunions. It was a wonderful first day and I know that only more great memories will follow throughout the week.

No comments: