Thursday, July 1, 2010

Virginia is for Lovers: Day Three

Jonathan and I made a trip to Costco with Mei Li and Stephen and enjoyed the food court and lots of samples. But this was only after a little incident this morning. Jonathan and I were getting ready for the day and Mei Li came down all dressed with her hair in pigtails. She saw a flower that I had in my hair and ran upstairs to get a bow for herself.

Well, I went upstairs and thought Mei Li had pulled back her bangs a little funny. Not exactly what happened. Ie Li chuckled a little and said, "Mei Li, what'd you do with your hair?" and as Mei Li approached, we both realized that she had taken scissors to her beautiful bangs. Ie Li and Mei Li cried for a little, but everything will be alright. Hair grows back.

The funny thing is that when Ie Li was about Mei Li's age, she cut her own bangs as well. She was ironically in pigtails too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dang, I need to read your blog more, I didn't realize you kept up so consistently!! keep going!! I want to read about every day you have in my beloved east coast. Love You!!

Tisha said...

hey! you're in Virginia! only 4 hours from me!! let me know if you make a little detour to NC :) you are the best auntie ever! and how fun to be there with jonathan too! looks like you are having so much fun! xoxo