Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Virginia is for Lovers: Day Twenty-two

I started off the morning with a lovely run around the Ashburn neighborhood. I don't think I've ever sweat that much in my life, but it was still refreshing. Mei Li helped me get ready and kept me company as I started packing up my suitcase. She is always very helpful. She especially likes to pick out my earrings and keep me company while I do my makeup. Mostly she just likes it when I share my makeup with her. This is quite shameful, but sometimes I try and get out of playing hello animals by offering to put some makeup on her. It usually works too.

Ie Li and I ran some errands with the girls while Stephen was asleep. My first week here I bought a new quilt for my bed and we happened to find the matching sham today. It was a nice find. I'm excited to do some decorating in my new apartment this fall. We headed home and found an awake Stephen. The first thing he said to me was, "I cracked some eggs." And I just thought, "OH NO..." Fortunately it wasn't as bad as I had pictured it in my head. We did find one cracked egg in the sink and one at the foot of the refrigerator, but there was no permanent damage.

The plan for tonight's dinner was to go out to eat because it's our last night here, but we ended up eating in and it was perfect. Ie Li whipped up some delicious waffles and buttermilk syrup and it was delcious. When Steve came home we piled in the car...(these kiddos love their Uncle Jonathan)



and headed to a little ice cream shop called:

.

Since today was my last real day in Virginia, we invited Barrett to join us for ice cream. Immediately when he walked in the door Mei Li and Stephen were jumping for joy. They love him. We ate our delcious ice cream and then headed back home. Barrett and I were able to chat for a bit while Steve and Ie Li put the kids to bed.

It's been so nice having a friend here in Virginia and being able to go to so many cool places: downtown for the fireworks, Purcellville, Field of Flowers, Gruto's, etc. I'm pretty sure today was the last time I'll see Barrett before he leaves for his mission. It was a bittersweet goodbye. I'm going to miss him, but I'm so happy that he's chosen to serve the Lord for the next two years. Barrett, thanks for everything. You're the best.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: