Monday, July 19, 2010

Virginia is for Lovers: Day Twenty

Yesterday was a beautiful Sunday. We attended Ie Li's Belmont Ridge Ward and they were very kind. Ie Li wasn't at Relief Society for the first half, but there was a kind lady who introduced herself to me and sat next to me. Ie Li came later on and it was wonderful having baby Mina to look at. She is darling.

Our lesson was on the priesthood and I really enjoyed it. The woman who was teaching talked about some personal experiences with the priesthood. Last year her daughter was in an ATV accident where the ATV landed on her face. She told us that the girl's father, grandfather, and uncle were there to give her a blessing. When they arrived at the hospital, doctors were so surprised that her neck wasn't broken. The teacher bore her beautiful testimony of the priesthood and how she knew that her little girl was alright because of the priesthood blessing she received.

I am so grateful for the priesthood in my life. I have priesthood holders all around me: my dad, my brothers, home teachers, and friends. And one day I will be married to one. This church is amazing.


No comments: