Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Virginia is for Lovers: Day Eight

I have officially been in Virginia for one week now and it's been so much fun. I've got family, friends, and beautiful green countryside. What more could a girl ask for?

Today we made a trip to Costco for some essentials like Dannon Light & Fit. I've never been a huge yogurt fan, but I do love their vanilla flavor. But, I'm pretty sure we get it because Steven LOVES yogurt. Today I'm pretty sure I saw him down one whole yogurt cup for breakfast and 3 full bowls of Greek yogurt mixed with honey later on in the day. He's a yogurt fiend as Ie Li put it.

It was another extremely hot day. Jonathan, Mei Li and I watched a bit of Anne of Avonlea and then when Stephen woke up we attempted to go to the park. Bad idea. We got there and I said, "Ok kids, you have ten minutes and then we have to go home." We did just that.

Barrett came to pick me up around 6 so we could spend the evening in Purcellville. We arrived at his house and I met Brother and Sister Johnson while they were getting ready for dinner. They are both lovely people. Barrett gave me the tour of both the inside and the outside of the house and it is simply beautiful there.

I met Barrett's little sister, Lauren, when she came for dinner. She was super nice and cute. Dinner was splendid and then Barrett, Lauren, and I took off for downtown Purcellville to get some ice cream. On our way there, Barrett pointed out a place called Field of Flowers where you can go and cut your own flowers to take home! I'm determined to go with Ie Li and Mei Li before my trip is over. We arrived at Gruto's and I noticed their funny hours:


That whole town is just so picturesque. I can't handle the cuteness. We took our ice cream to go and watched the sun as it set over Franklin Park. It was spectacular.

We headed back to the Johnson's and the whole time we were driving I just kept thinking that one day I need to live in Purcellville, and if that's not possible, somewhere in the country because it's just too beautiful to not have in my everyday life. We sat outside for a little while and watched the fireflies roam through the fields and the trees. It was a gorgeous sight. I even caught a couple and one lit up in my hand. Special.


Brother Johnson and Barrett drove me home to Ashburn, where I recorded a glorious account of my adventures in Purcellville.

No comments: